Category Archives: General
This month we’ll delay XBOX night a week because of the holidays.
We will be gathering next Friday Jan 9 at 6:30, rather than tomorrow. This night will be limited to those that have COD4, COD WAW, or Gears of War 2 and can bring their console. Each of these games supports only 1 player per console. If you have one of these games, but do not wish to bring your console but want to play from home (and have an XBOX Gold Live Account) we can accommodate that and connect online. Please confirm if you plan to participate.
We will not be hosting XBOX night during the summer. Just taking a break. We’ll see you in September
April XBOX night will be this coming Saturday night, due to a conflict on Friday.
We’ll start play at 6:30 Sat April 5.
We’ll provide snack and drinks. No pizza this month, sorry.
Please let me know if you are coming and if you plan to bring your XBOX & Halo 3 game.
If you have COD4, bring it just in case.
March 7, 2008
1. David 2. Connor 3.Dimitri 4. Jacob 5. JR 6. Ed 7. Paul 8. Alan 9. Hans 10. Parker 11. Tommy 12. Sanjeev 13. Jay 14. Zach 15. Jake 16. Lee 17. Cassidy 18. Cole 19. Kevin 20. Kristen
October 6, 2007
1. David 2. Jacob 3. Parker 4. Connor 5. Ed 6. Paul 7. Tommy 8. Kyle 9. Alan 10. Hans 11. Dmitri 12. Sanjeev 13. Jay 14. Kristen 15. Oliver 16. Caden 17. John
- You can challenge a player present that is the next one or two rings up from you (not counting any players not present).
- Maps and rules are chosen by challenger.
- Games are always Slayer to # of kills, 15 minute time-limit
- For novices game is to 5, more advanced players play to 10 or 15
- If challenger challenges the same player twice in a row (not same night), must choose a different map
We’ll have a board that tracks standings and we will also track other items like number of weeks at #1.
- Use your grenades liberally. Know how to switch between the different types and prefer the plasma or grenades that stick.
- Learn where the weapons are on the map and arm yourself with the good ones as soon as possible. I good combination is a long-distance weapon such as sniper or Battle Rifle with a shotgun. Learn to switch quickly and choose the weapon appropriate for the proximity of the enemy.
- Shoot at body to deplete shields (4x with Battle Rifle) then go for the head to kill with one more shot.
- Unless trying to hide, always keep moving to lesson chance of being sniped. Jumping and moving side to side is effective in close combat
- If you move slowly or crouch, you won’t show up on the radar!
- When using the rocket-launcher on a body, aim at their feet to kill them with splash damage. Don’t aim at them because if you miss it goes past them.
- Plasma weapons are good at depleting shields but are not that great used on a body. Bullet weapons are good on bodies but no so good on shields or vehicles. Try dual wielding and using plasma to deplete shields and a bullets to finish off opponent.
- Form up, preferably in triangle formation. Those ahead should use short range weapons such as shotgun or needlers, while those in the back can use battle rifles or carbines. Snipers should find nice vantage point farther behind.
- Use flankers. One person dives in headlong to draw attention while others surpise from the sides.
- Take care using grenades and rocket launchers in close quarters since they can damage your own team. Announce where you are throwing grenades.
Map overview of High Ground, Snowbound, Valhalla (the three maps in the beta)
Very Cool. After recording and downloading some clips I figured out how to combine them into one movie. So enjoy this clip of David capturing his second flag (with Ed’s help) for the win while I stay at our base and defend. Cassidy was on the elephant’s tourret until she got killed, but I avenged her death!